Banners

Student Counsel


My great aunt Sylvia loves to send me birthday and Christmas cards in the mail with prayers from The Omaha Home for Boys enclosed. Glad to hear from someone from "home," I usually placed the cards prominently on my desk away in the dormitories in college or on the mantle in my living room apartment in law school. I never took much significance in the enclosed prayers until Sylvia hand wrote a letter dismissing my difficulties experienced since 2005. Here is a spin at two I received here at my parents house last October:




Thinking of You




This morning as I rose from


Bed and saw the sun above


I softy said "Good Morning"


God, bless everyone I love.




And right away I thought of you


And said a loving prayer


That He would bless you specially


And keep you free from care.




I thought of all the happiness


Your day could hold in store;


And wished it all for you,


Because no one deserves it more.




I felt so warm and good inside,


My heart was all aglow -


I know God heard my prayer for you,


He hears them all you know.








I Said a Prayer for You Today




I said a prayer for you today


And know God must have heard




I felt the answer in my heart


Although He spoke no word!




I didn't ask for wealth or fame


(I knew you wouldn't mind)




I asked that He'd be near you


At the start of each new day




To grant you health and blessings


And friends to share your way!




I asked for happiness for you


In all things great and small




But it was for His loving care


I prayed the most of all!

0 Responses to "Student Counsel"