Banners

Material Girl

Well, I overheard that Madonna did not perform her song "4 Minutes" at her sold out concert at Minute Maid Park last night Sunday, even though today's paper had a photo of a duet between her and Justin Timberlake. I tried to throw a birthday party at the same hotel club that Madonna would be partying at this past weekend, but the expected outcome did not materialize either. The evite took weeks to insert the over three hundred email addresses recently amassed from renewed connections on Facebook to former classmates, alumni, and other friends. A wedding filled the veranda of the hotel with no forewarning from the hotel staff person that left a message on my cellular phone earlier in the week. No champagne bottles in tow, I ventured from the Alden Hotel to a club on Main Street playing Latin music on Saturday night, the night of my party. Still a Madonna aspirant, the next event I throw will still be a high class affair. That is unlike some relatives of mine that felt it deserving to send me a $40 gift card to Niko's Greek Restaurant last month from my high school Sunday School teacher. I am better off anyway, the restaurant is in Houston and my elderly relatives live in New Jersey.

0 Responses to "Material Girl"